CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What brought me back......

  April 8th, 2013 I came home from work early and decided to bleach and dye my fro a sexy red. While
waiting for the bleach to work it's magic I nonchalantly pulled out the scale and weighed myself for shits and giggles. My lovely weight watchers scale informed me that I weighed 289.8 pounds. I looked, shrugged and put the scale back in the closet. Yes that's all I did. I didn't get appalled, angry or even shocked. I continued to bleach and dye my hair. I was in a hurry to meet my family at Texas Roadhouse. *sigh*

  Six days later my five year relationship had come to a much needed, but abrupt halt. Leaving me in a new city, alone, and in anguish. I couldn't eat. Couldn't think straight. Could barely function, then days later I had my wisdom tooth pulled. So still no eating. I don't think I ate more than 500 calories a day for 10 days. I'm not condoning this behavior. I'm just telling you where I was at. I got on the scale and realized I was 269. Yes twenty pounds down in less than two weeks. That 269 lit a fire under me. It was possible to lose weight. I was NOT destined to be the fat girl forever. And from that point I've been back on my journey every since.

 I work out daily. Even if it's only a one mile walk and twenty crunches. Eating is difficult and the scale goes up and down, but I'm committed to a new me. This body is not a prison. As of today I weigh in at 247.1. My monthly goal is 235 by October 1st. I won't give up if I mke it or not. This isn't temporary. This is MY life.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Sorry about the break up :( I wish you the best with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are working hard to get your results, you might be exposed to the risk of overtraining. According to fitness instructors, the best ways to prevent overtraining is proper nutrition and switching the types of your activities. I have been searching for related articles and find a lot of good advices and professional expertise at http://bit.ly/Rsiolr

    ReplyDelete